Punch Bag Workout
I had a couple of hiccups on my eating clean for the weekend, but no biggy – It was Mothers Days after all and the kids wanted to take Mum out for a meal. I ate more than I would have to sticking on the diet, but I’ll burn that off this week. 🙂
Time to wrap up and get the gloves on it’s Workout Time..
Punch Bag Workout – Technique Workout 1 – “The Basics”
Phew – all done! I did “Technique Workout 1 – The Basics” twice last week so it felt nice and familiar, which was a great way to start the week. It saved my brain from learning new techniques and let me ease back into the training week, allowing me to really focus on techniques that I’d already learnt.
This workout does concentrate on the basics, but as, not just Corney will say, but anyone into boxing will tell you – your basics are so important. So, today I made sure I concentrated on the following:
• Keeping my stance.
• Pushing off my front foot to move back and pushing off of my back foot to move towards the bag.
• Keeping my hands up in guard position when not punching.
• Keeping my guard hand up with every punch.
• Keeping my back foot grounded and twisting when throwing in the cross.
• Standing tall and keeping the techniques long (not crowding my technique).
• We do a lot of jabs in the workout so I made sure I mixed up the power from light to power jabs.
• Really twisting into my left slip to generate more power in the left body punch.
• Using my hip twist and foot twist to try and get a harder hook.
Yep – quite a long list, but that was the beauty of doing this punch bag workout for the 3rd time, I knew what was coming up, so instead of learning new techniques, it was all about perfecting what I had already learnt last week.
It’s not part of the 60-day program, but every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I will be trying to more and more chin-ups.
Same old same old – Managed only one more chin-up again grrrrr.
Set 1 – 4 chin-ups!
Set 2 -3 chin-ups!!
Set 3 – 4 chin-ups!